For your “done-and-forget” LED lighting projects
Here For Help!
- Customized Length
- Logo Printing
- OEM Project
- Special Accessories
- Free Samples
- Other Questions
COB LED Strip Light
- High Density, Highlight, Dot-free
- 378/ 512 Chips/M Optional
- 180° Bean Angle
- >90 CRI
- CCT: 2400K~6000K
- Up to 30000hours Lifespan
One of the most popular LED lights today, COB LED strips, offers you both style and convenience. But what are COB LED strips, and what to look for when buying one? Is COB LED strip a better option than other popular LED products? Let’s explore all these answers here.
1. know about COB LED strip light
hip-on-Board or “COB” refers to the mounting of a bare LED chip in direct contact with a substrate (such as silicon carbide or sapphire) to produce LED arrays.
The construction of COB LED strips is different from that of the regular SMD LED strip. SMD LEDs are soldered to the packaging strip. COB LEDs are lined onto the PCB and then covered using translucent material.
Due to this translucent material, COB LED strip light will provide a continuous ray of light. This makes COB LED different from SMD strips. Not only is there more light intensity, but it also gives off a nice effect, making the LEDs stand out.
LED strip COB has a lifespan similar to SMD LED strips. They can last for around 50,000 hours. Even though the initial investment is a bit high, these lights last you a long period.
Also, LED COB strip light consumes less energy, so not only will your light last for at least 4 to 5 years, but you’re also saving on electricity costs.
Similar to SMD strips, COB strips are also available in various colors. You’ll find COB LEDs in the following color options:
For COB LED strips, you’ll find the following IP grades available:
- IP20 – This is best for indoor use as not waterproof at all. You can set up these in your cabinet, bedroom, or living room.
- IP65 – This COB LED strip has a silicone sleeve and is perfect for outdoors. They can handle low water pressure, so you can also use them in damp areas as long as you don’t submerge them into the water.
2. Using of COB LED strip
As mentioned earlier, one of the best things about COB LED strips is that it creates a smooth, seamless beam of light. You won’t see any visible spots, making it perfect for using on reflective surfaces like granite countertops and tiled floors.
Moreover, this feature allows you to use these light strips for narrow places. So, you can light up your jewelry box or use these lights for backlighting.
Besides, as chip-on-board technology not only provides high-quality lighting, It also prevents heat from building up, which gives the LED strip more flexibility.
Widely application of LED COB Strip light:
- COB LED Strip light is Dot Free – The structural characteristics of COB LED strips to give it more beneficial in comparison to SMD LEDs. Unlike the luminous bed structure of SMD strips, the surface from which the light is emitted in COB is a linear colloid, resulting in a more uniform of light. As COB chips are directed embedded on to the PCB board, heat transfers from the chip to the board pretty quickly.
- Wider Lighting Angle – The COB strip’s 180° illumination angle is larger than the 120° angle of SMD light strips. Simply put, a better aesthetic and better lighting.
Like all LED strip lights, it’s best to get a LED profile for your COB LED strips. High-power LEDs must remove heat using thermal management. Without proper management, you might end up damaging your LEDs.
The aluminum extrusions provide a path for the heat to travel from the COB LED to the external environment.
Before you select a heat sink for your COB LED strip, be sure to consider how the following impact the heating and cooling processes:
- Surrounding temperature
- If your LEDs have adhered in a closed or open space
3. Why choose Myledy COB LED strip?
Our Top Quality COB Light Is Based on Each Detail